The Magical Blue Feather

The Magical Blue Feather

Monday 15 June 2015

Third Group - Second Session

Third Group - second session

Surprise! - this time it really was a small group... just 5 children.

I had managed to find several new stories... but started with a new 'story sound' - a small Tibetan Singing Bowl. The sound is magical and they were all enchanted. 

The first story was a version of The Bat, The Beasts and The Birds - an Aesop fable. I was inspired by Papa Joe's variation and managed to create my own using the props I had to hand... a bat, a chipmunk and a swan. The children listened, though I am not sure if they understood.

Next was a silly tale of a frog - no idea where it came from. A frog, who lives in a well in the country, is unable to believe his cousin's description of his own home by the sea. When the frog actually sees the vastness of the sea, his head explodes.

The children loved it and I was forced to keep on repeating the explosive finale.

Then came the expected demand for Mighty Mouse... but I was prepared. I had found an Aesop fable The Lion and the Mouse and adapted it to fit Mighty Mouse as she continued on her journey after moving the mountain. This proved satisfactory, but I was instructed to tell more Mighty Mouse stories next time.

To end with, I tried out another Papa Joe story, Mr Wiggles and Mr Waggles - very simple - no props, just my hands - and lots of repetition - and lots of laughter.  It is a story I would not have dreamed of attempting when I started this journey. I think I am learning a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment