The Magical Blue Feather

The Magical Blue Feather

Monday 23 February 2015

Third Session

Third Session 

A much better session! BumbleBee came with me again. She hates to be left behind and she will now be with me every time.

Because of the distractions last time, the staff had tidied away all the toys and I had brought with me some small Tibetan cymbals to create a magical Story-Starting sound. It worked wonderfully!

The first story was The Magical Blue Feather, given to me to tell by the great storyteller, Papa Joe. I had found a sweet, soft, girl doll with cropped auburn hair and a surprised, stressed expression - perfect for the role of Amber. And there was a beautiful blue feather.
This story held the attention of all but the youngest of the children - it is quite long but very dramatic.
Then a silly 'jump' story - The Dark Dark Cat - followed by The Christmas Spider.

I left feeling much more confident. Still much to learn, but I am improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment