The Magical Blue Feather

The Magical Blue Feather

Friday 27 February 2015

Fourth Session

Fourth Session

Feeling a lot braver about this now and prepared to try a story I have never told before - Chaucer's Chanticleer & Pertelot - the fable  of a cockerel who unwisely believes the flattery of a fox.
My large collection of soft props revealed a lovely colourful rooster, a pretty hen and a gorgeous fox, so it became instinctive to use them as simple puppets to illustrate the story. The children were completely held!
Then back to an old favourite, The Cracked Pot followed by another new one about the creation of butterflies from fragments of an emperor's embroidered robe.
The magic story sound from the Tibetan cymbals really does work well in getting the attention of even the most distracted child.

A sudden request for Mighty Mouse yet again - and again the boy turned his back, but was obviously listening.
I tried to finish the session after that, but they wanted more, so I told the simple Sun Sisters story that explains why we must never stare at the sun.
And yet another request! A girl who had not spoken so far suddenly asked if I could tell Red Riding Hood again. I asked her to remind me next time as we really had to finish now.

No comments:

Post a Comment